Monday, September 23, 2013

Day 7- The planting begins

Gosh! I am so stoked. I actually got to plant today. After several days of laboring over the soil and trying to even out the left side of the garden which was significantly lower than the right I finally got the plot to a point where I thought, "Yep. This is as good as it's gonna get." (Though I'm sure I will labor over it again tomorrow once I've had all night to think about its flaws...)
I erected and staked the tomato teepees that I made yesterday first thing this morning. They turned out so well! I feel like a mom. Look at them standing so proud and tall!
 
I'm still sorting out my set up. I cleared a pathway all the way around this morning and started mapping out a keyhole design this afternoon. Thanks for that idea Tobi. It seems to be working fabulously well.
 
Beginning of the day.
End of the day complete with Sam in the background.
 
Look! Tomatoes! 6 of them in 5 different varieties! I can't wait to give them a taste! If I'm still around during harvest time maybe I will have the opportunity to try my hand at canning...
 

2 comments: