Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Traveling



So I'm getting ready to travel and I'm pretty stoked. I sent my passport off for some upgrades last week and now I'm just sitting here waiting... Where will I go? What will I do? Will I get stranded? I hope so. Adventure is out there and I intend to find it.

One thing I love about traveling is the advice that comes in before you go. Every tidbit has it's own story that confirms it's validity.

Here's my list so far:

1. Drink Water. Unless it's brown or has things swimming in it.
2. Know what poison Ivy looks like. It's a bitch.
3. Try all of the things!
4. Listen to your instincts.
5. Brush up on military time.
6. Know how far your lodging is from major sites.
7. Don't ask what's in it. If it tastes delicious just say thank you.
8.  Travel until you get home sick, and then stay a few more weeks.

What would your advice be?

5 comments:

  1. Wear sunscreen.
    Visit Kevin and Mindy.
    Ask people questions.

    *I’m guessing that’s “homesick”, not “home sick”.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allow your friends to live vicariously through your awesome adventures, and please post pictures:) We love seeing you! (If it wasn't clear this is for those friends that are stuck in an office all day and are dreaming of the adventures that you are having:)

    -R

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be naive. All men are trying to sleep with you, the hot foreign traveler. But also don't play it safe. You'll miss out on the best side-adventures if you do. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have an absolutely amazing time!!! Though I don't think this will really be advice you have a hard time following ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachael, I'll see if I can start that private blog we talked about just for you. ;-)

    Kevin, sunscreen is in the bag.

    Evelyn, side adventures are what I live for.

    Stephanie, I don't intend to have any fun at all.

    ReplyDelete