Friday, June 24, 2011

Jasper Drinks Tea

Jasper has really made leaps and bounds in his development but two months ago he was not so wise. 

It was a Saturday night and Michael and I had friends over to play games. We had been playing awhile when I decided to get myself a cup of tea. MMMmmmm. Tea. Yummy. 

When I sat down Jasper came over and we had the following exchange.

"Hey. Hey Mom. Mom. Mom. What's that? What's that? Mom. What's that?"

"Jasper no. That's hot." (Gently pushing him away from the steaming mug) "No."

"Hey, what is it?" (Licks the steam from the air) "It looks....interesting!"

"Buddy, no. It's Hot." (Push away)

"I want it!!!" 

"NO."

"Food!!!"

"You really don't want this."

"Want. Want. WANT!"

"FINE." 

"Yea!!" 

Elated Jasper pressed forward and took a lick, and much to his shock and surprise it was HOT. He backed up and looked at me in utter betrayal. 

"Why did you let me drink that?!"

If this is what having kids is like, bring it on. 

1 comment:

  1. Teehee. Silly puppy. I love that face he gave at the end.

    ReplyDelete