Monday, June 27, 2011

Chocolate Croissant

So Kristy was working the register the other day when a man from Arkansas came up, looked in the pasty case and said, "I would like one of that them thar chocolate croissants please."

"Ok sir, No problem." Kristy said. "That's going to be $5.08"

The good sir paid, took his chocolate croissant and left the store.

About 5 minutes later he returned.

"Um, I'm gonna need a refund for this here chocolate croissant."

Kristy looked from him to the two bites of pasty left in his hand. "Uh, what seems to be the problem sir?" She asked wondering what could possibly be wrong since he's eaten 9/10ths of it.

"Well, I didn't realize that this croissant had chocolate in it and I gave it to my girlfriend and she's afraid that the chocolate is going to make her fat so I'm just going to need to get a refund."

Kristy stared at him in disbelief for a half second and then with some considerable will power mastered hers snarky remarks and relied, "Sir I'm very sorry. I don't know what I can do for you. We can't give refunds on pastries and the label does say that it's a CHOCOLATE croissant. That, and there is chocolate on top of it..."

"I, I know. But I didn't realize that there would be chocolate inside..."

"I'm very sorry sir. But I'm afraid I can't do anything for you. Have a nice day."

When did this behavior become acceptable?

No comments:

Post a Comment