Monday, February 28, 2011

#1 or #Eww ?

Puppies pee a lot. A lot, a lot. I have cleaned up more pee in 6 days than I ever thought possible. I swear this puppy's urinary system can be filled and emptied like a water gun. In most dogs water passes through at a normal, perhaps human speed. I'm fairly certain that when Jasper ingests water is dumps straight from his throat into his bladder, ready to fire at a moment's notice. You know how I know this is true? It's cold when I clean it up scant seconds after it has "left the gun."

Puppies also poop. I hesitate to share this story because it is slightly graphic but I was so shocked and horrified that I had to take a picture. This afternoon I was in the kitchen talking with one of my friends on skype when I realized that I had not checked on Jas in about 2 minutes and he was being eerily quiet. I excused myself and stepped into the living room to find him in the act of "dropping the kids off at the pool," minus the pool.

"JASPER! NO!"  I scolded, clapping my hands together loudly. This startled him off his perch and only then did I see what he had defecated on.



Of all the places he could have gone, he chose to poo ON TOP of one of his favorite chew toys that I had made him. I didn't know whether to be furious or impressed at his aiming abilities.

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! If that was Lexi, she would have first EATEN The toy, and then pooped it out ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Let's pray Jasper doesn't ever think about that. :-)

    ReplyDelete