Thursday, January 14, 2010

Gleaner Fame

So, the Captain and I went climbing on Tuesday night for the first time in, well, ages. It was lovely to be back among fellow climbers after our long absence. While there we met a girl from Upper Columbia Academy named Danielle. She and I struck up a conversation and it turned out that this was her 3rd time climbing and she was all alone. The Captain and I had just finished eating copious amounts of Thai food so I offered to belay her (since I had no intention of climbing). She was thrilled. As we chatted the Captain walked by and I stopped him for introductions. It was then that we had our first brush with stardom. "Wait, what were your names again? Michael and Summer Lee? THE Michael and Summer Lee? I totally recognize you guys from the Gleaner! You guys were in Borneo or something like that, right?"

We just stood there, baffled, wondering what had just happened. "Oh, my gosh. We're famous. From the GLEANER," I thought in disbelief. "This is AWESOME."

This is our claim to fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment