Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Starburst trick


You know that trick that some people can do with Starbursts? You pop a wrapped candy into your mouth and hucha hucha hucha, out comes the wrapper clean as a whistle. The candy is left intact in your mouth and everyone is very impressed by the fact that you have done such a feat with your tongue.

I was thinking about this today as I left work, struggling to unwrap my Hersey's kiss with gloved fingers. There was no way I was going to take off my gloves because it was 14 degrees outside, but I wanted the chocolate. After weighing my options for a moment I decided it was worth a shot to see if my mad Starburst skills would transfer to Hersey kiss skills. This is what I learned:

1. Chocolate melts
2. The signature 'flag' sprouting from the top of the kiss dissolves in saliva
3. Trying to peel tinfoil off of anything with your teeth and tongue is like licking batteries. Never a good idea.

And so, oh best beloved, next time you have the urge to toss a wrapped Hersey kiss in your mouth because you're craving chocolate and don't want to get your fingers cold, here is my advice to you. Wait about 30 seconds until you get to your car and turn on the heater. The experience will be much more enjoyable.

1 comment: