Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Oh sweet mercy

I am in heaven. I woke up this morning, walked out my front door and beheld the most beautiful sight I had ever seen in my life. Green hills bathed in golden sunlight and baby cows frolicking around in the pasture. I stepped off the porch, hopped the fence and gave my fleet of baby cows a morning scratch, visited FJ and Frankie the horses and then helped with the morning feeding.

While Brenden and I were working with the wee ones Craig rounded up the herd for drenching. We're going to be tackling that task after breakfast, which I burned. It was oatmeal.  I am ashamed to call myself a Mathis.

I am covered in wool, I smell of maneuver and hay and I couldn't be happier. Cheerio!

5 comments:

  1. Baby cows!! Meep.

    Do you remember my disastrous 1st week of oatmeal adventures in the BLYC kitchen?? Feel significantly superior, my friend, I'm sure you did better than that :)

    love and pinches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does it make you feel better if I remind you of the time that I ruined instant pillsbury cinnamon rolls? No matter I am thrilled to hear that you couldn't be happier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frolicking Baby COWS!!! I want one to call my own. I will call him fuzzy and he shall be my fuzzy.

    Way to go on the oatmeal, Mathis! Winks.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, tell us about the drenching! What is it for? Is it a spray or what? So you burned the oatmeal!~giggle~ Was that the first meal you cooked for Brenden and Craig? We can be references for you if you need someone to vouch that you really are an amazing cook!

    ReplyDelete