Wednesday, December 15, 2010

HMA Christmas Banquet 2010

One fun thing about being a teacher's wife is that you get to get dolled up now and again for banquets. This banquet was by far the most elaborate I've been to, bar none. The banquet coordinator at HMA really outdid herself. These pictures don't show the full extent of the table decorations nor the room itself but it still gives a brief glimpse into the night. 
 In true banquet fashion The Captain got creative when he asked me to go with him. 
 In the car driving to the hotel in Waikiki.
 The table decorations before the swag was added.
The clever centerpieces.
Our banquet photo. Probably the most fun I had taking one. All the  photographers thought that we were students, which was totally awesome except for the fact that they were going to make us pay for the photos. Tsk tsk tsk. No, no. -shakes head- That didn't do at all. 
All in all this was the most stress free banquet I've attended. I bought my dress 4 hours before the event, did my hair 2 hours before and since The Captain is an ASHMA sponsor we didn't have to pay for anything except the valet parking. Best date night ever! (Well before our date night with Dog that is...) 

1 comment: