Sunday, March 21, 2010

Talk-to-me tactic #1- Everyday Holidays

I realize I have gone a bit out of order in revealing my talk-to-me tactics that I told you about earlier this month. Since the captain is out of town this weekend I have a little bit of extra time on my hands and so I am using it to bring everyone up to speed.

My first talk-to-me tactic came to me in a fit of inspiration one day as I was making the daily schedules for my department. When I was an RA I used to put random daily holidays on the message board on my door for the girls on my hall to see and giggle about. They ranged from actual holidays such as St. Patrick's day to We love broccoli day, which is coming up tomorrow actually (March 22).

As I sat working on my schedules thinking about how much I would love to talk to somebody it struck. "I could put random holidays on the daily schedules!" Yes. That could definitely work.

And guess what? It did! The very first day the scheduling guru chatted me up quite properly. A little more belated was my tea buddy. He has started commenting on the holidays nearly every day! Woot Woot! Speak to me!

In signing off, just to spread the joy, here are this weeks holidays:
















Monday, March 22

International Goof-Off Day



















Tuesday, March 23
National Chip and Dip day










Wednesday, March 24
National Chocolate Covered Raisins day


Thursday, March 25

National Waffle Day











Friday, March 26

No homework day-Annually the last Friday in March

(On this day teachers are not supposed to assign homework. Most students don't really think about this however because they are usually on spring break. It seems to me that they could have placed this holiday at a time when it would be more appreciated...)














Saturday, March 27

Photography day!

No comments:

Post a Comment